Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking today)

  1. #51
    Inactive Member doctor8?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Gus,
    those Blondie remasters are well worth the price.
    I got picked them up for $12 each, which is cheap nowadays. ;(

    somewhat recent purchases....

    Suzi Quatro - Back To The Drive
    Joseph Williams - Two Of Us
    Cheap Trick - Rockford
    Survivor - Rise
    House Of Lords - World Upside Down
    Jeff Scott Soto - Essential Ballads

  2. #52
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks Doc!
    I don't think I could pass them up at that price!
    I'll be hitting Best Buy on the 13th to pick up Joan Jett's new "Sinner" CD.

    Maybe I'll find the Blondie ones too! Hope so!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #53
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Well, I got the Sinner CD. Ended up ordering it along with some other cool stuff from Joan's web store.
    Sinner is one of those albums where every song is great!

    I'm happy to see Joan Jett and The Blackhearts on the comeback trail! I got to see them a couple years ago and have increased my Jett CD collection big time since then!

    Along with Sinner I ordered 'Unfinished Business' and 'Laguna Tunes' which includes Joan's duet with Greg Graffin doing "Let's Do It" AND Joan with The Beach Boys and Darlene Love doing "Good Music."

    It's funny how the more I listen to Joan Jett the less I care about my bad reputation! LOL!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #54
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    That's great Gus~ ur cd collection of Joan Jett and The Black [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 's is growing.

    What I'm hoping for is that they release the video of A.C.D.C. off the new SINNER album with Carmen Electra through Black [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] RECORDS I would love to own a copy of it.
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Right now I am listening to a mini cd of Joan Jett's that came from the WARPED TOUR 06' that Joan Jett and The Blackhearts are currently on. A very nice girl on Joan's board told me they were selling mini cd's and I asked if she would send me a couple and she did. This cd actually came from the Milwaukee show on the Warped Tour. Very excited to have them as always. [img]cool.gif[/img]

    The mini goes

    A.C.D.C. ( Awesome song and the video kicks major A$$ )

    FIVE ( My all time favorite since the first time I heard it back in 1995-96 )

    BAD REP~ w/ The Vacancies ( a band that Joan Jett/Blackhearts signed to their Blackheart label. I did get the chance to see them last year when they also warmed up for Joan Jett at the 25th Blackheart Anniversary Party at WEBSTER HALL in NYC they ROCKED ) [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Guilt within your head~ ( This is off the EVIL STIG cd )If you don't have this cd you need to get it.

    Cherry_Bomb~ Joan Jett /Blackhearts

    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I rediscovered some old favorite bands.
    There is a certian charm with the old southern rock.
    I grabbed Marshall Tucker live from 74-76 called stompin room only..Oh man it's real hot.
    I also got Charlie Daniels Live from 2000.
    He was my first big arena show, I forgot how hot
    The Charlie Daniels band could be. This was from the year 2000 and it far exceeded my expectations.

  6. #56
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Sounds good Charles! I've been appreciating those bands more and more lately along with Lynyrd Skynyrd! Some great players, for sure!

    That Mini CD sounds GRRREAT NYJ! I hope I can find one! It seems like David Snowden would make that available, doesn't it?!?!

    Hopefully!
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #57
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Gus, I have not been around latley and wanted
    to make sure I give a shout out to you all.
    I have been crazy busy and we have a little one coming anytime in the next 2 weeks.

    I see you all for the chat.

    Love you guys for sure! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #58
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    My goodness Charlie! Is the baby due already?
    That is fantastic but it seems like only yesterday that you found out another bundle of joy was on the way!
    Then again, Baby CCfan turned 2 on May 12th!!!

    At least we know we've been having fun because time HAS been flying!!

    Looking forward to your good news bud!

    Musically speaking today?
    I'll be spinnining my other new Joan Jett discs. They are all new 2006 reissues with bonus tracks!

    Bad Reputation
    I Love Rock-N-Roll
    Evil Stig

    Rock on MUSIC lovers!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #59
    Inactive Member PartyGrrrlzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2005
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Gus darling [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] the extra bonus footage on the EVIL STIG cd is eviley awesome if WE say so ourselfs. [img]cool.gif[/img]

    As for what WE are listening to is SINNER of course.

    SINNER has the extra bonus footage to of Joan Jett in the studio going over A.C.D.C. etc... [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

    Always cool to have the extra's says the [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] 'zzz

  10. #60
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Right on PartyGrrrlzzz! The enhanced footage is a special treat for sure on all 4 CDs.

    I hear Joan's entire catalog is being reissued. A good time to upgrade from LP format on a few of them.

    More bonus tracks can't be bad!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus


    BTW, I've been catching a few episodes of 'Super Group' on VH!. Kind of contagious. The final episode just aired and included highlight of their big show after two weeks of being together.

    They sounded great and were all talking like they wanted to stay together. There was a record producer there too so be on the look out for

    Damnocracy!
    Nugent, Bach, Bonham and the rest really ROCK! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic